Wilmington, NC: Priestley Management Company, a leader in community association management since 1990, is proud to announce that Pam Winters, CMCA®, has recently earned her Association Management Specialist (AMS®) through the Community Associations Institute. Winters joins the prestigious group of more than 6,000 managers worldwide who has earned this designation.
Pam joined Priestley management Company in the Spring of 2022 and currently manages properties in the Wilmington market. "Pam has been a Rockstar since she joined the PMC family," said Kyle Priestley, Coastal Division Regional Manager. "We cant wait to see her to continue to be a asset to our company and clients. We are truly lucky to have her on our team."
To earn the AMS designation, managers must have a minimum 2 years experience in the association management field, successfully completed at least two (2) M-200 level courses, and have successfully passed the CMCA exam administered by the Community Association Managers International Certification Board (CAMICB).
The experience and education required to earn and maintain the AMS credential means a community manager has the practical knowledge and training to provide reliable management services in many, if not all, of the following competencies:
- Working with board members and residents
- Preparing budgets and financial reports
- Performing site inspections
- Enforcing association rules
- Understanding critical legal obligations
- Selecting and supervising contractors
- Understanding insurance requirements
- Directing association employees and volunteers
- Communicating with residents
- Collaborating with local officials
- Building a strong sense of community